Friday, October 31, 2008

Whats right, whats wrong and a disaster waiting to happen...

Life has a way of getting complicated, just when it seems to have sorted itself out. For a change, the personal and the professional parts of life were chugging along just fine - I was finally making some commissions as a sales person and the personal part, while not exactly happy, had hit status quo. With a mind like mine, and the ability to f%^k up most things that come within 10 feet of me...I couldn't ask for more.
But, no! I manage to go and find trouble...I chose this year's account set, fought for it even, only for a financial crisis and takeover woes to ensure I hit an all-time unmentionable low on sales numbers - bang! there goes 50% of my already paltry salary. This alone is usually enough to make me let go of the edge of sanity that I always seem to cling to...but things never happen alone, do they?
I've let my feelings get the better of me, and hurt some of the people closest to me...hurt them by using them most unfairly, just because I want every need assuaged immediately. If that doesn't happen, I turn bitter and hurtful... stuff inherently wrong. I've never had much of a concept of right and wrong, and pretty much anything goes is what I have always maintained. Only, I have never had much cause to ponder right or wrong - one needs to actually do something to think of whether its right or wrong! I now have a strong urge to do the right thing by the people that matter most to me...only to find that its complicating life even more and now I have a line to tread that I never knew existed. What does it make me do...swing wildly!! One day, I tell myself, I will do the right thing...I will not let my feelings get away with it! By end of day, I have done exactly that, and done exactly the thing I set out not to do...hurt people!!! I should be shut off...straitjacketed and put away for good...for everybody's good!!!
Voluntary Lobotomy candidate available - any takers????

3 comments:

Ram said...

enna solla vara.. sambalam patthama, kadan vaangittu thriuppi thara mudiyala..?!

Bystander said...

You are forgoing just 50% of your salary when people have been sacked by Goldman and laid by Lehmann..should look the world as half full than half empty....as for rest of your entry, telugu/english version of what ram says applies...

Ram said...

Where you been.?

 
onLoad="javascript pageTracker._setVar('test_value');"