Monday, May 18, 2009

Winning...Talent...and all the rest of it!

...apparently its a habit! I sure could do with it right now. Seems to me I haven't been in Da Zone for the last 15 years or so.You know...the zone where everything you do goes right, every idea that you get is brilliant, every move you make is maginificent.

I don't know what it is now, the zone appeared long ago and then life just seemed to run away. I know what you'll say, sour grapes. I guess it is...
It's just that to get back would be nice, that child-like joy in absolute victory is hard to experience elsewhere. So these days, I just have vicarious victories...by watching the IPL and cheering teams belonging to a city where I don't belong anyways.

It just brings me to that question - is the zone a function of your talent or your choices? Choices, mostly. But, aren't those choices a function of your talent? So...limited talent = limited choices = limited zone. You see, after a certain age, the talent loses its sheen, uniqueness and voila! a lot of other people have the same "talent". Very soon, its not a talent anymore...its just one of those things that you used to be good at.

Writing, quizzing, maths, painting, singing, dancing, computers - for us mediocres, the zone is miniscule - possibly a golden year is all we are granted. Before long, theres a friend who writes better, a classmate who sings wonderfully, paintings that you can never hope to have created, whizkids with progams that never occur to you and even happiness is just a flicker of a talent we have.

So, given all this mediocrity...I am no longer sure I want to add this to the WWW and embarrass myself.
So long!

3 comments:

Ram said...

ouch..ouch..this is not done..

you write well and we like reading what you write..

so please shake off this stance and keep posting..

Christine MCCoy said...

The zone has nothing to do with the outside world. The zone is totally internal. When you are tapped into the truth of the universal power that animates us all, leaving behind all expectations and thoughts, when you are focused just on that one thing that you are doing to the point where you forget yourself and are just a conduit for pure energy, you are in the zone. It is a living meditation or rather an action while meditating. That is what it is for me. For me it is a spiritual practice to be in the zone. Please keep posting! :)

Anonymous said...

[url=http://sexrolikov.net.ua/tags/mobstar/]mobstar[/url] Смотри и дрочи : [url=http://sexrolikov.net.ua/tags/%CF%E5%F2%E5%E9/]Петей[/url] , это все смотри

 
onLoad="javascript pageTracker._setVar('test_value');"